Who We Are

 

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner

In order for Mark to successfully carry out his duties he is supported by an Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC).

Staffphoto

Mark's office is led by the Interim Chief Executive, Jayne Sykes, who is responsible for employing and managing the staff team as well as providing a monitoring role with regard to standards.

Katherine Johnson, the Treasurer, advises Mark on financial matters and the impact of any budget, spending and commissioning decisions, helping Mark to get best value for our communities in these tough times.

Isabel Owen, Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner, provides support and advice to Mark and leads on the external affairs of the office. Please click here to find out more information about senior staff.

Below are the names and job titles of the staff who work for the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner.

 

Staff employed solely to support the Police and Crime Commissioner:

Fraser Sampson** Chief Executive
Jayne Sykes Interim Chief Executive
Isabel Owen Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner
Katherine Johnson Treasurer
Sophie Abbott Head of Commissioning
Tricia Holder Head of Delivery (Part Time)
Dee Cowburn Head of Communications (Part Time)
Stuart Piper Safeguarding Adviser *
David Smith Victim and Witness Service Adviser *
Vacant Criminal Justice Adviser *
Karen Grey Casework Manager
Julie Reid Governance Manager
Jo Colley Business Support Lead (Job Share)
Carol Beanland Business Support Lead (Job Share)
Kelly Laycock Partnership Co-ordinator (Part Time)
Vacant Head of Policy
Wendy Stevens Research Manager
Neil Flenley Research Officer
Rebecca Hurlock National Anti-Trafficking and Modern Slavery Network Co-ordinator *
Sarah Hopkins Senior Safeguarding Analyst *
Sharon Waugh Engagement Manager
Celeste Armitage Engagement Officer
Jayne Davison Senior Contracts Officer
David Iveson Digital Communications Officer
Julie Dawes Executive Support Officer
Claire Shelley Executive Support Officer (Part Time)
Clare Briscoe Business Support Officer 
Paige Cowling Business Support Officer
Jane Owen Casework and Information Officer (Part Time)
Vacant Business Support Assistant
Lucy Teale Business Support Assistant
* Externally funded
** Fraser Sampson has been seconded to North Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner's Office for 90% of his contracted hours. West Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner retains the remaining 10%. 

 

Staffing Structure

Click here to view the Structure of the OPCC (319Kb)

Staffchart

Code of Conduct for Employees

Click here to view the code of conduct for employees of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (PDF 36kb)

The Police and Crime Commissioner will publish a statement of policy in relation to the handling of qualifying disclosures (Whistleblowing). Click here to view the Professional Standards (Whistleblowing) Policy (PDF 41kb)

Register of Gifts and Hospitality

Click here to view the register of gifts and hospitality

The Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017

Click here to view the information required for the Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017 in respect of West Yorkshire Police and for the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire

 

Page updated 1 August 2018 

© Copyright West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner 2018