Online Safety and Safeguarding Young People
Safeguarding children is crucially important as is providing resources, support and access to further information. Please see links to our 5 Local Safeguarding Children’s Partnerships below. These contain advice on COVID-19, as well as resources and guidance for communities and professionals and local contact details, including where to report any safeguarding concerns.
- Bradford: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/children-young-people-and-families/safeguarding-children/safeguarding-children
- Calderdale: https://safeguarding.calderdale.gov.uk/covid19
- Kirklees: https://www.kirkleessafeguardingchildren.co.uk
- Leeds: https://www.leedsscp.org.uk/Home
- Wakefield: https://www.wakefieldscp.org.uk
The OPCC is maintaining regular contact with safeguarding partners across West Yorkshire through the Local Safeguarding Children’s Partnerships (LSCPSs) who are also members of the PCC funded West Yorkshire Children’s Risk and Vulnerability Strategic Group. It is important that at this time we continue to work closely together to ensure we are able to get information to all our communities and continue to support the safeguarding of the vulnerable. The LSCPs are made up of the Local Authority, Health and West Yorkshire Police who hold statutory responsibilities for safeguarding.
West Yorkshire Police have a host of information on child protection, visit: https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/advice/child-protection
The National Crime Agency (NCA) is urging children, parents and carers to ensure they are safe online and has launched a package of 15 minute educational activities to be used in home schooling. They are available on the NCA's social media platforms and the website https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Parents and careers may also find the below links useful:
- Mr. Shapeshifter – free online animation and resources for children and their parents are carers to help keep children safe online. https://www.mrshapeshifter.com/animation/
- Healthy Relationships resource website – an online resource library of materials for healthy relationships http://www.healthy-relationships.co.uk